MLK a Christian...

Hello all.. time for a little Christian Bash!

It hasn't occurred to me that Martin Luther King Jr. , yes was a Christian. I was reading his letter to Clergymen from Birmingham Jail and came to this astonishing fact. The letter started off with.."Negroes need their freedoms. I'm calling for direct action. Laws that are unjust do not follow the moral and natural codes of God." BAM, SMACK, BOOM. Uhh.. what was that Mr. King? What ever happened to freedom from religions and the separation of church and state? I find this a bit paradoxical that you would urge "freedom" by empowering the Church. You write how the Church has lost its power and influence over the nation, and that one day it will reclaim its past glory.

I'm getting tangled in my own thoughts.. so let me re-highlight the important stuff.

Life sucks because you are black.
It's the governments' fault for not using the rules of GOD.
It's the Churches' fault for not enforcing these rules of GOD.
But in doing so..we would be trading one Right for another. Liberty for Religion.

One might say, "ok" that seems like a beneficial trade..I'll take freedom over religion. Over time, religion creeps over you and eventually takes away your freedom.
You can't boomerang your problems. They just come back.

0 comments: